Christmas party games can be a blast and when you are having a Christmas party it is always a good idea to include a game of some kind. Here are ten fun ones you can consider playing at your next event.
1. Bingo Why not put together some Christmas themed bingo cards and have fun with a Holiday version of this classic game?
2. White Elephant You can't go wrong with this popular game. Make sure you tell everyone who is attending about it ahead of time so that everyone comes prepared. You may want to also have a special prize for the person who brings the best white elephant as voted on by the rest of the party attendees. There are many variations of this classic so you will want to decide upon the rules before you start.
3. I've Never This one can be quite entertaining and can also be an ice breaker for a party with a lot of guests who do not know each other. The basic idea is that each guest takes a turn saying something that they have never done. Each guest who has done that thing drops out and you want to be the last one still in the game. The idea then is to think of something that you have never done that you think at least some if not most of the guests have done.
4. Guess Which Christmas Carol This is usually played as a paper and pen or pencil game where you have the sheets created ahead of time. You find online or anywhere else that you can, rhymes, jokes or other facts about various Christmas carols and each guest or group of guests has to figure out which Christmas carol is which. You then give a prize to the person who gets the most correct answers.
5. Christmas Pictures Matching Game For this game you will need to have pictures already put together and you play it similar to a standard memory game either on a board or on the floor.
6. Finnish the Christmas Carol This game is played similar to name that tune, where you either sing or say the first part of a Christmas carol and then the person who is answering has to finish the title, song or verse.
7. Nativity reenactment This is a classic one for many family Christmas parties but can also work for church or youth groups or any other appropriate group. Assign roles ahead of time so that people can either bring costumes or they can be obtained ahead of time for each person and then do a reenactment of the Nativity story.
8. Who or What Am I with a Christmas theme? This is a version of the classic Who am I game. It is played by putting a piece of paper with the name of a Christmas related person or object on the back of each person and then everyone wonders around the room speaking with everyone else and asking questions to figure out who or what they are.
9. Duck Duck Goose (Reindeer) Played just like the children's game duck duck goose, you instead say reindeer instead of duck and even with a large group of adults, this game can be quite fun and a riot.
10. Decorate the Sleigh You can either decorate a large real sleigh outdoors or make paper sleighs or smaller wooden ones and then use them as a centerpiece or other object for your Christmas decorations.
Have fun playing these Christmas party games and keep in mind that most games played at other times of the year can be adapted for Christmas.